8.02.2017

Strawberry roll cake

Product: Yaokin Roll Cake Ichigo Kurimu
Origin: Vietnam

First looks

Nick:
Oh boy. I like Swiss rolls (another kind of roll cake with vanilla filling instead of strawberry frosting) but I don't like strawberry, so I was like "If the strawberry flavor is nice and subtle I'm sure I'll like this" and then I opened the package and the super strong fake strawberry smell came bursting out, pillaging as it went. I don't think I'm going to like this at all. At least it's small - two horrible bites and it will be gone and we can all get on with our lives.

Katie:
First off, Nick has, on two separate occasions, liked something with strawberries in it. So he's only saying he doesn't like it because of his deep-seated strawberry bias. I think it's going to taste fine. A strawberry on its own I could see Nick disliking but strawberries are perfectly fine dipped in chocolate or smothered in whipped cream. As I'm typing this, Nick commented "So you just like strawberries as a delivery mechanism for other food? You could just eat chocolate!".  I'm also to add "he's so cool, powerful, and attractive".
Best picture of Nick I could find

Post-bite thoughts


Katie:
Not bad. Barely any strawberry taste. It's like that dessert with the angel food cake, whipped cream, and strawberries that probably has a name but I can't think of it and my Google finger is broken. Cute little dessert snack to eat in a bite. You can pretend you're at a fancy restaurant and this is your amuse-bouche.

Nick:
I have no idea how something with so little taste generated such a powerful odor; these things barely taste like anything at all, including strawberry. They're like a little angel food cake roll if angel food cake didn't taste like anything, and instead of a spongy texture it just vanishes. I think my mouth fell asleep eating this. I guess boring is better than bad, so, uh, below average job instead of terrible, which I guess to be fair is better than I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment