8.13.2017

Pizza chips

Product: Napoli's Oven Baked Pizza Chips: Tomato and Basil flavor
Origin: Illinois, USA

First looks

Katie:
Another pick from our Burlington Coat Factory adventure (thanks again, Brenda!). I'm really rooting for these to be good. They remind me of the pizza bianca--cooked pizza dough without any of the toppings--that Nick's dad bought for us in Rome lo those many years ago.

Nick:
Like Katie, I'm hoping these are going to be tasty like pizza bianca - then again, we got the pizza bianca fresh made at a bakery in Rome while we got these in a bag from Burlington Coat Factory, so maybe unbridled optimism is not what's called for here. The chip looks pretty thick and frankly hard, so that's a little worrying, but they do smell authentically like tomato and basil pizza, so I'm 50/50 on these.

Post-bite thoughts


Katie:
The chip is a lot crunchier than I'm used to. The pizza taste is there but not omnipresent like other pizza chips. I'm on the fence about these. On the one hand, I do want another one but on the other, I'm not sure they have a big wow factor. My immediate thought was that I could have a little sandwich baggie of these on our desks to snack on while I work. At the end of the day (cue the Les Miz song), they're a decent snack that's not great but not awful either. Curious to see what Nick thinks.

Nick:
Not for me, I'm afraid. These barely taste like anything. The lack of flavor combined with the thickness and hardness of the chip means I ended up just chewing and chewing this tasteless chip that frankly made me a little angry. Try putting some more flavor on these, guys; this is America, and when I eat a snack, it should make me so excited that I start firing my machine gun in the air screaming "AMERICA!". These barely make me play with a little Nerf pistol while mumbling "'merica". On a side note, how do all these snacks that don't taste like anything have such a powerful smells? Maybe I'm a mutant who has super smell and like inhibited taste. What a lame power.
In this snack's defense, the back of the bag yells "Try them with... WARM MARINARA SAUCE", but I feel like if you have to take what's supposed to be a pizza-flavored snack and dip it in pizza sauce for more taste, you've kind of failed at making a pizza-flavored snack. Boo. Boo, I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment