8.15.2017

Peach Gummy Candy

Product: Peach Gummy Candy
Origin: Japan

First looks

Katie:
I'm getting tired of always saying I don't like gummy so from now on, you're going to get a random fact. Did you know Johann Phillip Kratz von Scharffenstein "...was a German nobleman...who fought during the course of the Thirty Years' War" and was "...captured at the Battle of Nordlingen and executed for treason a year later"? Well now, you do. Glad I don't eat gummy things now, aren't you? Learned a little fact? Expanded our horizons? (quoted material taken from his Wikipedia page)

Nick:
Again with the peach flavor! I feel like Johann Phillip Kratz von Scharffenstein when he was executed for treason after being captured at the Battle of Nordlingen! The front of these says "The peach is the fruit with the longest history in the Orient". Gee, the Orient, maybe you could try having a fruit I like as the longest history in you? Geez! Think of someone else for a change!

Post-bite thoughts

Katie:
Here's another random fact: I'm too lazy to look up another random fact on Wikipedia. Nick, take it away (the review, not Wikipedia. I need that for my college courses! If you're one of my professors, I'm just kidding! I totes use all the scholarly resources...every single one. The librarian is all "why are you reading every book in the library all the time? Only the most cool, powerful, and attractive person could do so!" and I'm all "Because college. I really want to make Professor [Insert your name here] proud!").

Nick:
Ooooo, these are so close to being good. The texture is nice and firm and feels good chewing, and the taste, for being peach, isn't that bad - it's subtle and sweet. If this was a flavor I liked, I think I'd really enjoy these. As it is, they're a near miss. Send me some fake ass blue raspberry gummies next box!

No comments:

Post a Comment