7.21.2017

Hatasoda

Product: Hatasoda from Ramune
Origin: Japan

First looks

Nick:
I'm both happy and confused right now. Ramune makes a very good melon soda, which comes in a distinctive bottle (the same bottle as the not very good Super Sour Soda) - in fact this metal bottle has a picture on the right hand side of the smaller glass bottle with the marble. The metal can even says "HATASODA is an invigorating drink known as marble soda", but this isn't the kind of bottle with a marble in it that's pictured; it's just a metal bottle of soda. So I'm assuming this is the same soda from the weird glass can with the marble, but in a normal can? I don't know. All I know is it smells like vending machine gum, so I think I'm going to like this quite a bit.

Katie:
I like that the soda is clear. I never got to try Crystal Pepsi (please comment if you know what it tasted like, was it just regular Pepsi without the artificial color?). I'm hoping for the melon flavor that Nick mentioned. We seem to only be getting soda from Japan. Do other countries not ship their soda here? I know from the Coke spot at Epcot (holla if you've made a family member try Beverly soda and thought their reaction was hilarious!) that other countries make soda so maybe it's just an import thing.

Post-bite thoughts
Nick:
Well, guess what? The soda in this regular metal can is exactly the same stuff as in the glass bottle with the marble, and that's good. I really like this stuff; it's not too sweet melon soda with a little bit of a citrus bite. It's better to sip and enjoy - you don't want to chug this like a cold Coke - but I really liked this. In fact, I'd rather buy this in a regular can - it feels like this holds twice as much soda as the glass ones.

Katie:
I agree, it's somehow better in the can but that's true with a lot of sodas. The can gets colder than a plastic or glass bottle perhaps? As Nick said, this is definitely a sipping soda. I drank my portion out of the McDonald's Epcot glass you see to the left with some Mario ice cubes. If you plan on sipping this soda, I'd recommend a set-up like mine so the soda stays cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment