8.07.2017

Mentos Pop ins

Product: Mentos Pop ins
Origin: Not sure. It's manufactured by our old pals, Perfetti Van Melle but there is no indication of where this is sold. We also don't know what language is on the front...normally there's a sticker that says 'Product of...'

First looks

Katie:
Really big skittles? I've never even had regular Mentos so I don't know what to expect here.

Nick:
What country are these from again? I'm going to say the writing looks like Hebrew. I'm sure someone out there knows. Anyway, I think I'm going to mostly like these - the back lists the flavors as apple, blueberry, orange and lime, and three out of four isn't bad (I'm sure the apple is going to be nasty. I've never had good apple candy and I'm sure I never will). I guess I just trust the huge screaming set of lips on the front to deliver a quality candy.

Post-bite thoughts

Katie:
I thought these would have a crunchy or hard candy shell on the outside but they're firmly squishy.  Apple isn't bad, same taste as the apple skittles. Blueberry is generic 'fake blue candy' flavor. While orange and lime taste as expected. These aren't bad at all except the texture is a little odd to me. As I typed the previous sentence, the super citrus sour taste of the last two flavors is burning the inside of my mouth. I could see this being something other people would happily enjoy but I didn't want more than the 4 I had.

Nick:
Oh, man, these are great. Katie really summed it up by saying they're like big soft Skittles without the hard shell. The green apple tastes just like a green Skittle, which is to say disgusting; the orange is all right, but the real standout are the blueberry and lemon. Now I'm a huge fan of fake blue candy flavor, so take my recommendation with a grain of salt, but the blue and yellow are both delicious; the yellow has a great slightly sour sweet lemonady taste. I would definitely get these again, although I'd throw out the green apple ones when Katie isn't looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment