8.17.2017

Butter stick cookies

Product: Holly Baking Cookie Brittle: Original Butter Rich
Origin: "California Wine Country" (not to be confused with California's Wayne Country where it's just Batmans all the way down)

First looks

Nick:
Cookie brittle. What is cookie brittle? Is cookie-flavored brittle, or brittle-flavored cookie? And what is brittle except a peanut delivery device? I'm so confused. I think these are kinda cracker-like cookies - they're like thicker graham crackers as far as I can tell. They smell delicious, at least, so I think these are going to be good.

Katie:
I hate to break the kayfabe here but I am trying these directly after the fish jerky so really, anything that tastes better than that assy crap is going to be quite pleasing to me.

Post-bite thoughts


Nick:
Pretty good! The texture is like a cracker, and it tastes like a nice sweet sugar cookie. I think these would make a great after dinner snack, although they're just a little too sweet to eat the whole box while watching Netflix. Kinda feels vaguely Christmasy. I would definitely get these again. Maybe the name could be updated to something more accurate like Christmas Cracker Cookie. Nick's Big Cookie Stick. Put In Ur Mouth: Now. We'll workshop it.

Katie:
Yummy! Sweet and buttery with a good crunch that isn't dry. I'm not sure where the brittle part comes in--maybe they're warning that it's too brittle to use in nuclear reactors?--but it's a very delicious treat. Before I forget to mention, this was one of the pieces of food swag from the Burlington Coat Factory trip if you want to try some yourself.
While we were there, there were two people on the checkout desk. Three more people who worked there came up to the desk, learned there was a layaway to fetch then all promptly fled. Uponst their return, one proceeded to loudly proclaim she was not their supervisor anymore and was not going to help.  The other two simply left with one employee dashing out the door to escape into her Burlicopter (I assume). Just wanted to throw this story in here somewhere. The End.

Nick extra:
I'm picturing a Burlicopter as a really super strong helicopter with ripped arms and every time the rotor goes around it yells "YEAH" like a weightlifter at the gym who just lifted a really strong weight and it's really annoying being under it hearing "YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH" as it flies overhead but you're too scared to say anything because it's so ripped.

No comments:

Post a Comment