8.31.2017

Lime cookies

Product: Biscoito Recheado Limao
Origin: Brazil

First looks

Katie:
Our lime cookies are brought to us by Grandma, Rocker Elliot the dragon (from Pete's Dragon. He's a dragon and his name is Elliot), a leprechaun, a nice child, and some sort of animal. I think it looks like a cat with a hat but Nick says it's an owl with an umbrella on its head. Quite the collection of bakers. How did they even get together? What sort of adventure did these people go on that lead them to found a bakery that made lime cookies?
Oh and the cookies look delicious.

Nick:
I thought Elliot had pink hair? Maybe they have to dodge that copyright. I'm at a little bit of a loss on these; they're lime cookies, which I don't think is really a great idea. They smell like sugar cookies and lime, which isn't exactly making my mouth water. Prove me wrong, grandma, rocker Elliot, nice child, leprechaun, and owl with an umbrella on its head.

Post-bite thoughts

Katie:
These are pretty good!  The entire time we've been writing this review, Greg has been sitting on my chest. I dropped several crumbs in his fur but he's just purring away, oblivious to how slovenly he is now. The lime taste is not too much but the cookie part was a little dry...other than that these were tasty and I'd definitely have them again. Nick gave me his leftover cookie so my wife senses are telling me he's not pleased (spoilers: Nick doesn't like something!!!)

Nick:
Blech. The spoilers were right I'm Rey's dad, and I do not care for these in the slightest. The cookie part is fine (if a bit dry like Katie said), and the filling isn't terrible, but they simply don't go together; my mouth doesn't know what to make of the cheap sugar, sugar cookie, and lime filling flavors all mixing together. If you swapped the flavor on the filling out these still wouldn't be great, but I think they could at least aspire to be good. As they are now, grandma, rocker Elliot, leprechaun, nice child, and owl with an umbrella on its head can keep these (although there's five of them and only four cookies in a pack. I guess Grandma can skip one if she has diabetes. Boy, this got dark!)

No comments:

Post a Comment