8.21.2017

Inca Soda

SNACKCEPTION
Product: Inca Cola: Golden Kola
Origin: New Jersey apparently

First looks

Nick:
The first Munchpak non-Ramune soda! I'm very curious about this; the can says cola, the color says lemon and the smell says melon, so we'll see. The smell is very reminiscent of vending machine gum in particular, so I'm thinking it will be pretty good.

Katie:
More soda should be more colors. I want a veritable rainbow of carbonated sugar water! The smell is more like a creamy vanilla soda. Almost something like one of those super novelty Jones sodas you see sometimes at Target where it's like a Thanksgiving box and the flavors are like turkey, sweet potato pie, and the taste of someone eating all of the good mashed potatoes before you get any.

Post-bite thoughts

Mickey is so pleased with this color.
Or that he's about to drown in pee (?)
Nick:
Was there a mix-up at the bottling plant or are my tastebuds going insane? Despite being "cola" this tastes very similar to the Ramune soda, except without the bite. Not that I'm complaining! This is sweeter, and it's very good, nice, light and easy to drink melon soda. I would definitely drink more of this. I don't even care that it has nothing to do with cola. My favorite soda from a munchpak yet. Also, for sodas, shouldn't that be post-sip thoughts? I guess it's too late to fix it now.

Katie:
We can't buck format for one thing, Nicholas. Because like branding or something? It's like when grocery stores move their shit around and it just makes everyone mad. I just want my Newman's Pineapple Salsa without having to tromp through 5 aisles first, why won't you let me give you my money, Hannaford?
Okay so back to the thing. Is it yellow because the Inca were into the sun? Is that the theme or am I thinking of another culture (too lazy to Google it, sorry cultures that were both ancient and interesting). My sip went like this: oh this is tasty, *swallow*, why does it taste like medicine now? Bleck.
I will be fair, Nick likes a lot of beverages I don't--like Hawaiian Punch, which is probably not even from there and who else just thought the mascot had crazy hair when they were a kid? He's wearing a hat, which I found out like 2 years ago--so this may very well be a case of YMMV.
I still found it gross though.

2 comments:

  1. Wait, that's not the Hawaiian punch guy's hair?
    I need to reassess my world view right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's also probably not even manufactured in Hawaii.

      Delete