9.02.2017

Truffle Shuffle

Product: Limited Edition Birthday Cake Truffles from Godiva
Origin: Belgium

First looks

Katie:
Godiva was a real person. Go read about the woman bringing you high-end chocolate today. I'm not typically into eating much chocolate, but these look good. White chocolate is especially decadent, which these appear to be just from the look. Birthday Cake is fast becoming the new bacon, it seems. I think that's a good development because I've had some nasty fake bacon products (not even like the fake bacon almonds which just tasted like salt, like bacon-flavored microwave popcorn that tasted like microwaved butt in a bag). Birthday cake forever!!!

Nick:
Wait, this is the woman bringing us high-end chocolate? I'm pretty sure we got these at Burlington Coat Factory. I think I'd remember a naked lady on a horse bringing us these. I think that would be super awkward though, if they're not good and she's like "How do you like my decadent chocolate," and you'd have to be like oh haha yeah they sure are great I'll just eat the rest of them later.
I do think these at least are going to be good - the only bad birthday cake thing I've ever had is those organic gummi bears, and I trust Godiva to make a good truffle. I like white chocolate, too (and don't bother being like "OH IT'S NOT CHOCOLATE, IT'S JUST COCOA BUTTER". I like the taste! BTFO haters!!!) so I have high hopes for these.

Post-bite thoughts

Katie:
Yasssss, queen! These are good!!!! White chocolate on fleek. Go to the store and buy the french toast out of these before they're gone. Totes Amazeballs. Awesomesauce. Propose to your bae with these. Not savage. I can't think of more ways to awkwardly use slang to tell you to buy these.

Nick:
OMG fam, these are #LIT AF. Super sweet, and the inside just melts in your mouth; there's also little nonpariels (BTW, is there a regular pariel? I'm too lazy to look) to chew. I think this is the best candy we've had yet. I'm not sure it tastes super birthday cakey (more like very smooth vanilla with a slight cake overtone), but it's absolutely delicious. These aren't going to last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment