7.02.2017

Haribo Sour S'ghetti

Product: Haribo Sour S'ghetti
Origin: Germany

First Looks

Nick:
As noted in the forthcoming Super Lemon Soda review, I'm not a big fan of super sourness; but I like gummis, the first ingredient is sugar, and I'm pretty sure that's the Flying Spaghetti Monster on the front, so I'm reasonably sure I'm going to like these.

Katie:
I'd like the record to show I thought it looked like the Flying Spaghetti Monster (may you be touched by his noodly appendage) first. Moving on, it appears Winnie the Pooh is fighting FSM. I'll be abstaining this time as the very thought of putting gummi or gummi-like things in my mouth makes me want to hurl, as the kids used to say.  The only gummi thing I like is the old Gummi Bears cartoon from the Disney Afternoon. And now you have that theme song in your head forever, you're welcome.

Post bite thoughts

Katie:
By Odin's beard, this is the loudest candy. I can hear the lip-smacking from the other side of the couch. I can't speak to the taste but this isn't something you want to bring to the movie theater.

Nick:
I didn't realize the three colors are supposed to be three separate flavors - the green is green apple (barf), the red is strawberry and the blue is blueberry. I absolutely despise green apple flavored candy, and this is no different - disgusting. The other two flavors are pretty good - the red does have what might charitably be called a slight strawberry flavor, while the blue just tastes like cheap sugar (which the red does too) - which isn't a bad thing. Both flavors are tough and chewy, hence the loud sound that Katie found so appealing. I'm probably going to toss the green and keep the red and blue to eat, all the more so as I'm hungry for dinner but Katie isn't yet and I was told this is the only snack I can have to tide me over until it's time to go to Five Guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment