7.13.2017

Hi-Chew Peach Flavor

Product: Hi-Chew Peach Flavor
Origin: Taiwan

First looks

Nick:
Hi-Chew sounds like someone sneezing. Hi-Chew! Bless you! Okay, I'm stalling; I don't like peaches and I'm afraid that I'm not going to like this for that simple reason. I do have to say the presentation is charming; each little pink gum log comes individually wrapped. Unfortunately, they also smell, unsurprisingly, very strongly of peach, which have I mentioned I don't like? I'm sorry, Hi-Chew; it's not you, it's peaches.

Katie:
Despite the fact that the back of the packaging says 'Product of Taiwan', my friend who is from there says this company is actually Japanese.  Now that I think of it, Morinaga sounds more like a Japanese company...not that I know either language at all (not even the cool swears...where are my cool swears, two people I know from those two countries???). Anyway, it looks like a rectangular Starburst but I'm not eating it because I don't like gum or gummy textures. It smells nice though.

Post-bite thoughts
Nick:
I really like the texture on this; it's dense and super chewy. Unfortunately it tastes just like a peach, and I really don't like peaches; I had to spit it out and eat a donut to banish the overwhelming peach presence from my mouth. I'm sure I'd love this if it was a different flavor.

Katie:
I don't have anything funny to say. Woozle wuzzle?

No comments:

Post a Comment