7.30.2017

Bonus Episode: Airheads Xtreme Bites

Made with genetic engineering so it must be good
Product: Airheads Xtreme Bites
Origin: USA

First looks

Katie:
The company that manufactures these is called Perfetti Van Melle, a Dutch-Italian company (see their Wikipedia page). As our reader knows, we normally don't include this kind of info but since I know a Perfetti in real life...I am amused to think of her as a crazy candy-maker sitting atop her sugar-encrusted throne and subjecting children to candy-based comeuppances.

Nick:
While I was suffering through the Sour Rainbow Belts yesterday I noticed that they look almost identical to another candy I had laying around, and here we are: Airheads Xtreme Bites. You know, I've never understood why the candy is called airheads; I've only heard that as an insult for stupid people. In any case, I think these are probably going to be good. They'd have to work pretty hard to be worse than the Sour Rainbow Belts, at least. I'm expecting at least Xtreme competency.

Post-bite thoughts
Not the same picture as yesterday. Really.
Katie:
I suppose the rainbow is always the same Roy G. Biv colors but these look very much like the Crayola belts from yesterday. I am sorry, one person who reads our blog (thanks, Nick's sister!) that I keep wimping out on these fruity/gummy snacks but these reviews should be fair and since I know I do not like this type of treat, I would likely immediately dislike the snack.

Nick:
Gosh, Katie, you're really missing out this time; these are really delicious. Unlike the Sour Rainbow Belts, these are sweet and fruity with just a little bit of a sour bite to keep your mouth from falling asleep. Honestly, Crayola should just try and duplicate this recipe because I really liked these. The front of the bag says it's "RAINBOW BERRY" and has pictures of a strawberry, blueberry, (comma added here by Katie. WE USE THE OXFORD COMMA IN THIS HOUSE) and raspberry; the actual fruity taste is I guess closest to raspberry, although it's more generic fruit than anything else. I realize that may not sound terribly appetizing, but honestly these are really good. My thanks to the little kid at Hannaford whose mom wouldn't let him get these so that I could buy them. These would go great in a munchpak! 

1 comment:

  1. As befits my shout-out in today's column, I actually have a pack of these sitting in my car that I've been eating for the past week or so.
    Disgusting yet delicious!

    ReplyDelete