7.23.2017

The Coffeeralli Taralli al Caffe


Product: The Coffeeralli Taralli al Caffe
Origin: Italy

First looks

Nick:
I've got high hopes for these; I like coffee, and I trust the Italians to deliver a quality product. When we opened the bag Katie yelled "They look like little donuts!!" and I'm glad she did because otherwise what springs to mind is, um, round little poops. I'm sure they're going to taste better than they look. They smell a little cinnamony more than coffee flavored.

Katie:
They also look like enlarged breakfast cereal pieces. I have to disagree with my compatriot, I think they smell like coffee but I must also disclose that my nose is a little stuffy.  Looking forward to what I hope will be a coffee-flavored crunchy treat!

Post-bite thoughts

Nick:
Italy, you've betrayed me! These don't taste like anything at all; maybe it's because I had a mug of coffee right before eating these, but after four of them there's no taste. My mouth is like "I'm chewing something," and I'm like, what does it taste like and then there's just a sad silence. What happened here? Are these like biscotti where you're supposed to dunk them in something and that's why they have no taste? The cover shows them with chocolate in the middle; did they leave that out and all that's left is the flavorless containment cookie? This is what disappointment tastes like, because disappointment doesn't have a taste and these don't either.

Katie:
Oh gosh, I think I liked these. They are definitely not as sweet as an American company would make them, but they'd make a good side to something (not sure what...maybe you're supposed to pair these with something?). The coffee flavor is subtle with one of the ingredients being white wine. I'd eat a few at my desk at work, but not the whole bag during a Netflix binge.

No comments:

Post a Comment