9.16.2017

Cheese Waffles

Product: Waffles with cheese souffle with cherry
Origin: Russia

First looks

Nick:
At very first glance I'm like "Oh, a waffle" but when picking it up to photograph it I realized these look more like a waffle sandwich with extremely pink filling in between and now I don't really know what to make of these. I like waffles, I like cherry (both real and "cherry") so, um, should be good? They smell like a Twinkie, which is a little odd. At least they're not gluten free?

Katie:
This is not the first time we've tried a waffle. I poked one and it felt firm yet supple so it's definitely not stale.  For anyone wondering about the title, there was a label on the back and that's what it said. I'm thinking cheese is supposed to be cream? I think I liked the last Russian thing (link) so I'm optimistic here. After all, pink is the color of Pinkie Pie and Pinkie Pie is the party pony and parties are fun so therefore these must be fun.

Post-bite thoughts

Nick:
Wow, I really like this! The waffles are nice and sweet and crumbly, and the filling looks scary but tastes very sweet with just a hint of cherry flavor. I ate my whole thing. I have no idea what the filling is actually made out of, but it's quite tasty. I guess the only caveat is that it's so sweet you'll need some water to finish the whole, uh, waffle sandwich. I would definitely get this again.

Katie:
Another win for Russia! The waffles were great--fluffy yet a little cakey--with a great sweetness that wasn't overwhelming at all. See? We can like stuff. That's how you know something is quality...Katie and Nick like it. If you're in Russia and you see this, buy it (also take cool pictures and send them to us). Or if you subscribe to Munchpak, you can look forward to getting this in one of your boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment