9.12.2017

This is what he betrayed Aslan for

Product: Turkish Delight & Rose Flavor
Origin: Istanbul, Turkey

First looks

Katie:
I have only ever heard of this because it's what Edward(?) betrays Aslan for in the Narnia books. The ice queen was like "want some?" and the kid's all "Of course, I'll betray my brother and sisters whom I love and this cool lion I just met for some Turkish Delight".  No clue what this is going to taste like but considering it makes you want to betray the Jesus allegory lion, it must be good, right? Right? I mean Aslan DIED as a result of this candy. he got better

Nick:
What is this? For some reason I thought this was going to be like brittle or something, but it seems like a mildly gelatinous cube covered with sugar. And it smells like a flower shop. Huh. Maybe Edward just grew up when candy sucked. I mean, people are all nostalgic for the old days, but that's before they had even one flavor of Dorito, let alone all different kinds of rainbow belts and stuff. Just going off the smell my hopes aren't too high for this, but maybe flower stores taste delicious. Hopefully I'll take a bite and then be shouting "That's Aslan-betraying good!!!!"

Post-bite thoughts

Katie:
This is worth betraying Aslan for? What kind of shit life did Edward have that he thought this janky cube was good? Is this a different thing than he was eating? I haven't read the book or watched the movie in a while but I was under the impression they weren't starving or anything. Why would you betray your family for this stupid crap? It's awful. The powdered sugar was fine but the minute my teeth hit that gelatinous center, it was a big nope.  Okay, I know this was during the war and they were sent to the guy with the wardrobe's house to not get bombed and die but come the french toast on. You suck, Edward.

Nick:
Not good. The texture is okay - a very firm gummi - but it really falls down on the taste. I'll give these credit that they actually do have a strong rose flavor, but that's a taste I could really do without. Go find a rose, stick your nose right up in it and take a sniff and that's what these taste like. Was anyone asking for this? This feels very old-person candy, like you'd have to eat some of this when your grandma gave it to you. How far we've come. On the betraying Aslan scale, these wouldn't even tempt me to post mean tweets about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment