9.24.2017

Paprika

Product: Tuc Paprika crackers
Origin: Belgium

First looks

Nick:
Paprika crackers? Yeah, I'll try 'em. They smell nice, kinda smoky and salty. I don't expect they'll taste like the red bell pepper on the package. Is that where paprika comes from? I'm confused.

Katie:
Now I know four spices--cinnamon, oregano, basil, and paprika. Watch out, Bobby Flay. My Kraft Mac and Cheese skills are going to take you down. not really you are extremely talented and i eat spaghetti-os out of the can sometimes. The crackers are supposed to be rectangular but ours broke in transit. That's okay, only calories leak out when you break food in half, not flavor. Duh.  I think this will be okay. I don't think they're gluten free so they should taste like something and not have the mouthfeel of wet toilet paper. (Seriously, if you can make something that would normally have gluten in it be delicious without it, submit your proof directly to my mouth).

Post-bite thoughts

Nick:
I don't really know what to make of these. The texture is a nice light cracker and the taste isn't bad either; the most powerful element is salt, then pepper, then sure enough a kind of red bell peppery smoky taste. That sure sounds good, and it's okay for a cracker or two, but I just can't picture sitting down and polishing off anywhere near the number of crackers that come in this container. I think these need to go with something; scanning it with the Munchpak app suggests cheese, but I think I'd rather just eat smoky cheese by itself. Just missing that certain oomf. The more I eat these it tastes more like a cracker covered with overly salty like bacon flavoring or something.

Katie:
I liked these. The smoky, skosh spicy taste is very pleasant. It's not enough to keep me from eating several but not so little that the crackers are tasteless. Belgium is starting to have quite the track record with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment