12.28.2017

Musssed up again

Product: Zozole Musss--cola-flavored candy with fizzy filling
Origin: Poland

First looks

Katie:
Last time, we got lemon and orange. This time, we have cola. Even though we liked at least one flavor each before, the fizzy filling has me feeling less than optimistic. Is it filling with pop rocks? Fizzy goop? Really hoping for a second win for Poland here but...I don't know. Nick, what do you think?

Nick:
I'm conflicted. On the one hand I remember generally liking these last time, but when it comes to soda candy, all bets are off; it's usually nasty, and I'm afraid this is going to be weird. I can see some kind of inner center that I'm guessing is the fizz, but how is that going to come out? I'm scared the containment is going to be breached and whatever weird fizzing agent has been imprisoned in there is going to come rampaging out all over my mouth. Fingers crossed. Katie's making a not terribly pleased face while enduring hers, so now I'm really worried.

Post-bite thoughts
The white dust is the illegal drugs Nick has started
doing to handle some of these snacks. jk
(or am i)

Katie:
At first, it was just a flat cola taste. Not bad, not great but not bad. Then, the inner containment suffered a warp core breach. My mouth got flooded with sour (the face Nick saw) and I was like "yuck". Then, it was gone and the candy went back to tasting like flat cola again. If it wasn't for that inside stuff, this would be a small win.  Since it is in there, I can't say this is for me. Sour fans will maybe like the sudden onslaught though.

Nick:
I think mine broke, because there's absolutely no fizz; it tastes like they just put sour lemon candy powder inside a cola-flavored shell. Zero fizz. The cola part actually tastes surprisingly good, and the sour lemon isn't bad either, but they don't really quite go together; it tastes like someone squeezed a fresh lemon into your Coke, and the flavors just don't work for me. Less bad than I feared, but not as good as I hoped. I think the lemon came out gradually it might not be bad, but I had to bite mine in half to actually get inside, and that was, uh, not the most pleasant candy experience I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment