12.02.2017

Disney Day 6

Restaurant: The Beast's Castle
Location: Magic Kingdom

Entree: Carved Turkey Sandwich served warm on a Baguette with Dijon Mayonnaise and Pommes Frites.


Nick:
This was good! I was a little worried because the sandwich has two fairly thick turkey slices, and I find that turkey can quickly be too meaty for me, but that never really bothered me with this; "dijon mayonnaise" sounds like it could be nasty, but it was very tasty. I even ate the spinach, so it must be good. My only complaint is that they give you way more french fries (excuse me, "Pommes Frites") then you get ketchup for, so I only ate half of mine. Then again I got so stuffed I didn't want to move, so I guess there's not much for me to complain about. 

Katie:
I swear I liked this last trip. It was simply too turkey-y for me. The slices were too thick for Ms. Meatwuss. The fries were good but I ran out of ketchup before I made it even halfway through, despite being much more conservative in my condiment use than I usually am. I think I'll try the quiche next time or the quinoa thing. I swear there was a ratatouille on the menu before but I might be thinking of the dinner selection.


Desert: The Master's Cupcake

Katie:
A perfect cupcake. The recent mile-thick frosting, super rich cake trend in the cupcake world hasn't been my favorite--it's hard to eat a cupcake when I can't even open my mouth big enough to take a bite! This cupcake was perfect. The grey stuff is light and creamy, the cake is fluffy and exactly correct on the moist-to-dry ratio. Definitely get anything that mentions having the 'grey stuff' off the dessert menu.

Nick: 
I had the grey stuff; it's delicious. Don't believe me? Ask the dishes!

Bonus item: Family Size Pepperoni Pizza

Nick: 
Hey, two people is a family. Plus I have two kids in Fire Emblem Awakening. This is a kind of dish where the bottom is like a disc of dough, then the middle layer is tomato sauce and the top layer is cheese, and if you want you can get extra toppings. We got pepperoni, although I also like green peppers. Anyway, this was pretty good, although the crust itself is a little tasteless, so neither one of us ate the outside part of the disc where it's just crust without cheese or sauce. 

Katie:
I enjoyed the disc as well. It was tasty and prepared quickly so it would be a good choice after a long day. The sauce was especially good. I appreciated there was a good amount and the staff listened when I requested light cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment