12.10.2017

Braided cookies

Product: Koulouraki orange flavor
Origin: Greece

First looks

Nick:
Koulouraki!!!! These smell pretty good, so I'm mildly hopeful; seems like a nice butter cookie with some orange flavor. According to the back of the box, they just threw orange peel in there, so I'm not really 100% confident. Hopefully the flavor is big enough for my American palette. I want my mouth to be exploding with orange flavor. Koulouraki!

Pic of jeanette cookies from
the interwebs
Katie:
The smell reminds me of the jeanette cookies my aunts used to make.
I hope these will be good but I'm worried they will be dry or bitter underneath the orange taste. The smell is really trying to change my skepticism into optimism though.

Post-bite thoughts

Nick:
Pretty good! The orange taste is nice, front and center. The cookie taste underneath isn't the best I've ever had, but it's good enough, I think. I guess I don't really have much interesting to say about these; I'm gonna eat 'em and then I'm gonna forget 'em. Koulouraki.

Katie:
As Nick said, the cookie taste isn't the best but the orange taste is spot on. If these were more like jeanettes with the frosting and sprinkles, they'd be perfect. I guess I'll help Nick finish off the box but they are a little dry without much taste beyond the orange zest.

No comments:

Post a Comment