12.30.2017

Hope this coffee is cofveve. Remember that meme? That sure came and went fast, right?

Product: Coffee Intense candies
Origin: Turkey

First looks

Nick:
Last time we tried a coffee treat, it didn't taste like anything, so I'm all alerted now like one of the cats when they hear the wind blowing or each other running up and down the stairs at midnight when I'm trying to fall asleep. The bag says "INTENSE" right on it, so I'm cautiously optimistic. They smell really great, but I've learned by now the smell often has at best an accidental relationship with the taste, so I'm trying to keep myself from getting too excited. We'll see. Don't let me down, Turkey. I hope this candy makes my mouth INTENSEly pleased.

Katie:
As a coffee person, I'm already keyed to like this just from the smell. Seriously, I'm not even verbal without my cup in the morning. Poor Nick will try to talk and ask how I slept, the only reply I'll make (if I even make one at all) is some grunting until I'm at least a few sips in.
Anyway.
This has to be better than Turkish Delight. It just has to. Right? I mean...if there's any fairness in the universe at all, it just has to.

Post-bite thoughts
Look at this kid's veins. And yet it took three tries to get the
needle in the right spot last time he had blood drawn! 

Nick:
You know that speech Batman gives at the end of the Dark Knight where he's like "Sometimes people deserve more," and it shows Lucius Fox typing his name into the sonar machine and it blows up and Batman is like "Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded"? Next time you're watching that, just imagine a shot of me eating this candy. I think this might be my favorite thing we've gotten in a Munchpak; it tastes just like a solid little drop of delicious, sweet coffee. I am INTENSEly pleased! Great job!

Katie:
I was going to work in Gordon's speech from the super end where he's like "he's the hero we deserve, but not the one we need right now" but I totally deserve this. This candy is delicious. Definitely pick yourself up some if you're in or near Turkey or Google it to buy yourself. The coffee taste is wonderful.

PS from Nick: Hey, it's the last post of 2017! I'm glad we ended the year on a positive note. (Even though we wrote this review back at the beginning of November and just scheduled it for today. Hi future me! I hope Disney was fun! Ha ha!)
PPS from Katie: Since this is going up before the New Year, have a Happy New Year! Please make a plan to get home safely before you go out. The world is better with you in it! Also, of course Disney is going to be fun. I hope you figure out it's always fun in 2018. #smdh

No comments:

Post a Comment