12.18.2017

Felonious Beef

Product: Righteous Felon craft jerky--O.G. Hickory
Origin: Like jail? (Pennsylvania)

First looks

Nick:
Mffff. I'm not fooled by this; the ingredients are basically meat and spices, and it certainly smells nice, but all the jerky we've tried so far has had absolutely no taste, so I'm not getting my hopes up. I was sure that aloha teriyaki jerky was going to be great, and bam, no flavor. Prove me wrong, righteous felons. This better taste so good it's illegal or something, and not just be illegal because it has NO TASTE. My hopes are not up for this.

Katie:
I'm skeptical. Like Nick, I've been burned before by tasteless jerky or, even worse, the kind I have to chew so long I have time to regret my life choices. This better not be that. Oh boy. I have to try it now, don't I?
Maybe the nice peppery smell is a good omen?

Post-bite thoughts

Nick:
Hmmm... this is good! Like Katie, I'm always worried about getting a tough piece you have to chew and chew and chew and chew and chew and chew, but this has a really nice texture; you have to chew it just enough to get the flavor and then it's ready to swallow. The flavor is a little subtle for me, but there's definitely a hickory smoke taste. I'm not sure I'd get more, but I'll happily eat the rest of the bag. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

Katie:
No.

No comments:

Post a Comment