12.06.2017

Disney Day 10

Restaurant: Yak & Yeti
Location: Animal Kingdom Asian section

Katie's Entree: Vegetable Lo Mein with Tofu

I played it safe and was rewarded. This is a go-to for anyone unsure of what to get at Yak & Yeti--or maybe just a picky eater--or even for fans of veggie lo mein. The tofu was good, not too stiff and not gooey at all.
After the meal, I didn't feel too full to walk around the park (as sometimes happens). If you're the type who doesn't want to play it safe on vacation, then I'd at least like to recommend this restaurant to you for the atmosphere and decorations.

Nick's Entree: Sweet and Sour Chicken

This was great! It's a bit simple - tempura-style chicken, green and red bell peppers, onion and pineapple fried in sweet and sour sauce, with rice to mop up the remaining sauce or cool your mouth down (although I cheated and ate some of my mom's naan bread, which was also very good). I liked this so much I even enjoyed the pineapple, and there's a sentence I don't expect to type again any time soon. This may have been a bit of a safe option, but it was very well prepared. Next time I might get the Korean pork. We'll see.

Desert: Sorbet

Katie:
All three of the sorbets were delicious. I appreciated the cool, light, and refreshing taste of this dessert.  I think you can tell I'm a big sorbet fan now as we've gotten sorbets a few times on this trip. Now, I'm going to put all the pressure on Nick to more eloquently describe the sorbets being good. Take it away, dear!

Nick:
I think I'm also a sorbet fan; they're really great at Disney where it's hot and you want something cool, but eating a bunch of ice cream is just a bit heavy. All the sorbets we had here hit the spot. The three flavors here were mango, lemon and raspberry. My only complaint is that the raspberry had coconut shavings on it (the far left bowl) which I could live without. Personally this was my least favorite sorbets of the ones we had at Disney - and that's not to say I didn't really enjoy these! It's just that the bar was set super high by the delicious sauce-covered sorbet at Rainforest Cafe and the massive, sweet, refreshing sorbet at Liberty Tree. These three were quite good, and I was left wanting more of all three after finishing them. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment