12.26.2017

Gold pun

Product:  Kreams Gold Chocolate-Flavoured Sandwich Biscuits
Origin: India

First looks

Nick:
For extremely cheap cookies (the tube says "Buy three packs for $0.99" - no expense spared here Munchpak!!!!) these actually smell kind of good. I guess I'm expecting cheap Oreos? That or they're cheap because they look like the creepy button eyes from Coraline and the beldam has finally figured out how to escape by selling surprisingly good-smelling, uh, sandwich biscuits.

Katie:
They do look pretty fancy. As Nick said, the smell is pleasant. I'm hoping the biscuit won't be too dry or too flimsy. Three for $.99 seems a little suspicious though. When things are too cheap, my first thought is usually "what's wrong with it?". We'll see soon, I suppose.
Also, watch Coraline if it's still on Netflix by the time this posts. It's a really good movie.

Post-bite thoughts

Nick:
Not bad! The texture is where I'd expect these to fall down, but they're pretty nice and crunchy. I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of the chocolate, which isn't quite as sweet as I'd like. For the price, these are pretty good, but I'm not sure I'd get them again; I'd probably just get Double Stuf oreos, open them up, eat the frosting and toss away the outsides. I hope someday a future archaeologist is going to find this and decide this is why the American empire fell.

Katie:
I agree, not bad at all! I likely couldn't eat a whole sleeve of these on my own--there were at least six cookies in there--but they'd be good to share with a few other people. I thought the chocolate was good on both the amount and sweetness but I'm not a huge chocolate person. 

PS from Nick: Aren't all women supposed to be huge chocolate fans? Has Cathy been lying to me all these years? Ack!!!!! (I don't remember if I've used this joke already, but I don't care. Next you'll be telling me you don't care about shoes! Ack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I guess I shouldn't embrace regressive old gender stereotypes I learned from newspaper comics. Ack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PPS from Katie: I don't care about shoes. I have exactly two pairs of shoes and even that feels decadent and excessive to me. And one of those are a pair of sneakers that I only got because they have the old Magic Kingdom map printed on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment