12.09.2017

After all, miss, this is Belgium!

Product: Jacquet Petite Waffles
Origin: Belgium

First looks

Katie:
This is the same company that made the crepes from the last post.  The packaging this time, however, states the waffles were made in Belgium.  More authentic? I don't really think of France when I think of waffles (everyone knows they have ennui, cigarettes, contempt for everyone else, and baguettes for breakfast! Hahaha, just kidding, France. You saved our butts before we were even America). The waffles look like regular waffles. They smell very eggy, not too fond of that smell to be honest. The packaging says we can microwave it but I don't feel like getting up. The package also says it's "ready to savor" right after we unwrap it so I'm going with that.

Nick:
Oh, I don't trust these chumps after that disgusting crepe. Oh man, if only this was a donut, I could be like "I donut trust these guys"!!!! Man! No, wait, I got it - I'm WAFFLING on if I think this is going to be good! Ha ha! Oof.

Post-bite thoughts

Katie:
Not bad, a little dry but that could easily be fixed with some syrup. I'd eat this again with some bananas, Aunt Jemima's, and warmed up a skosh. Definitely an improvement over the dry white bread crepe filled with goo.

Nick:
It's all right; I donut really have strong feelings one way or the other. The texture isn't great, and honestly I think I'd rather just buy some frozen waffles and heat them up in the toaster oven, then cover them with syrup. This doesn't really feel like a waffle to me; I'm used to them being firm. This seems more like cheap sweet cake in the form of a waffle. At least there's no goo in this; mediocre is better than terrible, although I guess it doesn't always make for the most amusing blog entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment