11.02.2017

Bow-ties are cool

Product: Pasta bow-ties--meatball parm
Origin: USA

First looks

Katie:
I thought these were going to have a filling. The smell is just awful. I know we pick on the smell of things quite often in first looks but damn. Now, I love Parmesan reggiano and eat it in chunks on the couch. I love provolone that is aged so hard it tingles my mouth when I eat it. I can handle stinky cheese. This is not stinky cheese. This is like warmed over feet stink. Bleck. I'm hoping this will taste better than it smells.

Nick:
Like Katie I thought these were going to have a filling, but no, they're just broken chip shards covered in flavoring. And the smell - my god, the smell. It smells like a pair of old stinky feet ate a bunch of rotten cheese and then farted for a thousand years. I really, really hope these taste NOTHING like they smell, but frankly I'm convinced this whole product is a lie and possibly an elaborate money-laundering scheme because I don't know how it could be even half as bad as it looks and smells like otherwise.

Post-bite thoughts

Katie:
I can't decide if I like these or I hate 'em. There is a meatball flavor in there. The crunch is good. But...I can't decide. I actually had to stop typing, try a few more, and ponder. I'm going to say no on these. I think they need more flavoring or something. Oh my gosh this review is lame. Skip this and go read Nick's.

Nick:
Oh, man, these are bad. They don't taste as gross as they smell - thank god; I'm not sure anything could - and instead they taste like extremely bad, cheap "pizza" flavoring. Like, these taste worse than, and less like pizza than, a bag of pizza flavored chee-tos we got at the gas station for a dollar. Just tastes like super cheap ketchupy marinara sauce with a slight bitter foot-y cheese on top of it. Barf.

No comments:

Post a Comment