11.06.2017

Promotional nuts bag

Product: Happy Belly Sweet & Spicy Trail Mix
Origin: USA

First looks

Nick: 
Happy Belly is Amazon's food label; I don't know why they decided to make trail mix of all things, but this looks and smells OK. I'm sure my belly will be happy with it, but I'm more worried about what my mouth is going to think. (Do they make Happy Mouth food? Happy Butthole food for when you're done? "Slides right out!") Okay, I'm done being gross. I don't think I'm going to be allowed to go first again for a while.

Katie:
I think this lost me when the bag warned "caution: may contain an occasional shell fragment". I already am not a nut fan and now I have to worry about shells? This is almost as bad as those shucky sucky ones. I'm not very optimistic. I'm sure if you like eating nuts, these are probably your jam but if you don't like eating nuts like me...it's not going to be your thing.

Post-bite thoughts

Nick:
Well, technically, Katie, this is almost all non-nut, as the peanut is neither a pea nor a nut - it's a legume!!! Thanks for teaching me that, Bobby's World! Remember that show? It had Howie Mandel as his dad, and his mom was like "Oh don'tcha know" and Bobby had a huge head and his shirt never fit right or something? Maybe his shorts didn't fit, either way you could always see his bellybutton because his shirt and his shorts didn't combine to cover his tummy the right way and I guess Howie Mandel and his mom never cared enough to get him clothes that fit. Mostly I just remember that peanuts are actually a legume.
As for this snack mix, it's not bad, but I'm not sure how much I would eat; it's way more spicy than sweet, and after just a few handfuls it starts building up a surprisingly powerful spice burn. I think this needs a few more butter toffee peanuts and a bit less spice and it would be a winner, but as it is it's just a little too hot for this little baby.

Katie:
Nope

No comments:

Post a Comment