11.28.2017

Disney Day 2

Restaurant: Liberty Tree Inn
Location: Magic Kingdom

Nick's Entree: Angus Chuck Cheeseburger

Nick: Well, this was basically just a very nice burger; it came with the toppings on the side. which is nice, as I was able to just hand Katie my tomatoes without having to pry them off when the waitress isn't looking. I ended up eating it with cheddar, bacon, lettuce and mayo, and it was good; I don't really have much to say about this. A dependable favorite, I suppose.

Katie: I took a few bites, it was quite tasty. A good choice to order at this restaurant.

Katie's Entree: Freedom Pasta (pasta, artichokes, mushrooms, and tomatoes tossed in a roasted red pepper cream sauce with grilled chicken)

Katie: Very delicious! I even ate some of the chicken and artichokes. Everything blended perfectly and even though there was a lot on the plate, I wasn't too full to be adventuring around the park after. I realized we didn't describe this restaurant at all. It's themed on 18th Century America. When you sign in, they ask you for your family's name and where you're from so when you're introduced, they'll say things like "Welcoming, from the territory of Missouri, The Banana Family!" or "Let's welcome the Hammer Family from the state of New York!". It's a fun place to eat.

Nick: I stole some of Katie's dish, so I'm going to chime in here to note that, gosh, this was delicious. Apparently I owe red pepper cream sauce an apology for not eating it my entire life. I liked this so much I even enjoyed the asparagus, a sentence I'm guessing I'm not going to be typing too often. I even ate the cheese-covered grilled chicken Katie didn't want!

Dessert: Seasonal Sorbet (Raspberry) with strawberries and blueberries

Nick: The waitress was like "Wow, there's a lot of sorbet in there" and I have to agree we got a lot of sorbet. If you'd told me a week ago I was going to be wolfing down raspberry sorbet with strawberries and blueberries, I'd have been very skeptical, but here we are; I ate almost all of this (although I gave Katie the strawberries and blueberries). I normally find raspberries very bitter and unpleasant, but I guess they added a lot of sugar to this or did some kind of necromantic sorbet magic that made this delicious. I didn't even mind crunching the tiny raspberry seeds in there. Delicious!

Katie: I ate some blueberries. Normally, they are strictly muffin-ensconced foodstuff for me. I happily ate half of the ones I received along with the sorbet. The sorbet was the perfect end to the meal. We were tempted by the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake but the sorbet felt like a better option considering we had a burger and pasta. Keep in mind the sorbet is seasonal so you may get a completely different flavor than us if you go at another time of the year.

Bonus Item

Jambalya from the hotel cafeteria

Katie: I ordered this because one time Captain Sisko mentioned liking it from his father's restaurant on Earth. Seriously. And it was delicious. A yummy meal recommendation from my favorite Captain.

Nick: I just like going JAM-BA-LA-YAAA. Once again I had some of Katie's, and this was great; I even ate the chopped up sausages in it happily. I hope these happy food reviews are still entertaining! It's nice writing about stuff we really liked instead of coconut peach chunk juice!

No comments:

Post a Comment