11.14.2017

Rainbow laces

Product: Laces
Origin: Turkey

First looks

Nick:
The last Bebeto item we had wasn't very good, so I'm a little skeptical of what we have here. These are supposted to be raspberry and tangerine flavored licorice; they smell like kinda fruity sugar, which is what I'm hoping for. Don't let me down again, Bebeto!

Katie:
More gummy stuff. Skip. For my Wikipedia Random Page adventure, I'm going to blow your minds. There are Wikipedia pages from...THE FUTURE. Feast your eyes on this page from 2098. A solar eclipse will occur so be sure to order your spectral eclipse glasses now so you can view this amazing event (the joke being that it's 90 years in the future and unless we transplant our consciousnesses into robot bodies, many of us will be dead by then!). What is more interesting is that there are a bunch more calendars than I was aware of--I knew about the Hebrew calendar, the Chinese one, and the Islamic one but not the others. It's actually kind of neat to scroll through and realize how many different ways there are to measure time.

Post-bite thoughts

Nick:
The pink stuff - tangerine, supposedly - is fine; it kinda just tastes like mildly sour fruit. The blue stuff, though.... my boy, this is the flavor all true warriors strive for; it's the long-awaited, never disappointing, super fake super sweet blue raspberry flavor. You did it, Bebito! I'm gonna eat this all up until 2098, which I just found out is the 9th year of the 2090s decade!

Katie:
It would be cooler if we used the Holocene calendar so it could be the year 12098. Every time you'd write the day, it would feel like living in a sci-fi movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment