11.22.2017

Aw musss

Springy-hair science kid made
the candy, I guess?
Product: Zozole Musss
Origin: Poland

First looks

Katie:
Our first Polish snack, I think. I'm interested to try these as I have some Polish heritage and had a pen pal (remember those, fellow old people?) for a few years from there. The candies are quite big, reminding me of cough drops. They are also covered in white powder as a ton of candy from Europe seems to be now. Maybe put the sugar on the inside?

Nick:
ZOZOLE MUSSSS!!! I feel like the name might be the best part of these; fake orange and fake lemon aren't really my favorite flavors, so my expectations aren't too high. Then again, the first and second ingredients are sugar and glucose (aka sugar), so who knows. Hopefully I'll be yelling ZOZOLE MUSSS in joy, not ZOZOLE MUSSS in outraged betrayal.

Post-bite thoughts

Katie:
Not bad at all! The orange isn't too sweet or cloying, nor is it too citrusy. I can't say I'm a huge fan of "suck on it" candy but I wouldn't mind snagging one of these now and then from the office candy dish. Good first snack, Poland.

Nick:
Katie and I had opposite reactions to these; I didn't like the orange, but I did like the lemon. The orange is fine, but I just don't like orange candy, and the size and shape makes it feel like a cough drop. The lemon on the other hand is really sour at first - the white, cocaine-looking substance on it is a very super sour powder. Once the initial shock wears off, it has a nice sweet lemon flavor that I really like. As with Katie, I'm not a huge fan of candy you have to suck on for too long, so it will probably get crunched soon, but I would definitely have more of the lemon flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment