11.27.2017

Disney Day 1

Restaurant: Rainforest Cafe
Location: Disney Springs

Appetizer: Chicken Quesadillas

Katie:
A go-to for us when we're not sure what we want. The quesadillas were good, if a touch heavy on the chicken for my personal preference. I enjoyed the three options we were given to top them as well--sour cream, medium salsa, and some...chunky tomato stuff. A good starter but our plan doesn't include appetizers so don't ;expect too many app reviews hahahaha.

Nick:
Well, I think these are probably the best chicken quesadillas I've had, although that's not saying a whole heck of a lot. I think the secret is that the chicken was nicely roasted and had a great flavor; in the past I've had quesadillas with sad grey chicken and a lot of stringy cheese that doesn't always taste like a lot, but these were delicious. (Also, if anyone from the cafeteria at work is reading this, they weren't four inches thick. I'm just sayin')

Entree: Spicy Korean Chicken Stir Fry

Nick:
Ahhhh, now we're talking. This is like a base of chicken, red bell pepper, broccoli, and orange pieces in a spicy sauce with a big rice and wonton cone on top, and then cabbage on top of that. I'm normally a spice wimp, but this was great (or I was really hungry after only eating airline pretzels after being up for 10 hours, or both). The only thing I didn't eat was the broccoli; I don't like eating orange normally, but it calmed the spice down pretty well. I really liked this, but if we're going back to the Rainforest Cafe, I'm probably going to get something with a little less heat like the South China Salad (complete with South China Dressing, aka, uh, ranch. Oops, maybe I should have saved this bit for next time we go here!)

Katie:
This destroyed me. I have been obliterated by the spice! It was so bad our waiter was like "your face is red" and brought me some more rice and a sippy cup (literally, it just didn't have the top) of milk. I liked it initially but the spice build up was way, way too much for me. If you can handle spice, you will love this. If you cringe at the idea of adding hot sauce to anything, stay far away...there's plenty of other good stuff on the menu.

Dessert: Mango Sorbet

Katie:
For me, this was the hands down winner of the linner (lunch and dinner...in one meal!). The sorbet tasted, obviously, like mangos and was super yummy. Both drizzles were good--raspberry and...other one--and even the mango chunks on top were delicious. I'm normally not a mango fan but I also have only ever had it in those pre-cut Price Chopper plastic tubs that you have to eat in the small freshness window before it all gets mushy and weird (i.e. sometime between 5 minutes after they packed it and 2 minutes after you bring it home).

Nick:
I quite like mango (they call me Mister Mango Man down at the mango store where I go to buy mangos and also mango-shaped hats that make it look like your face is a giant mango seed [some of that is true]). (Katie note: None of that is true except that he likes mangos) and to the surprise of few, I really liked this. The orange drizzle is citrusy; I have no idea what the red stuff is - I think Katie might be right that it's raspberry - and they're both great. The only thing I didn't really love was the little mango chunks, but they're easy to dodge with your fork. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment