10.02.2017

Fruity toffee

Oh, boy. I'm not even going to address this
weird mascot thing and just hope it leaves quietly.
Product: KiKi jagoda strawberry (strawberry toffee)
Origin: Croatia

First looks

Nick:
Strawberry, my old nemesis. Is this the best you can do? This disgusting little slab of salmon-looking, fake-strawberry-stinking sure to be disgusting candy? The bag claims this is toffee, but it looks like a Starburst, and it smells like a chemical fire in a strawberry asshole. I'm going to hate these, but at the end of the day I'm going to be still tasting candy and these are going to be burning in candy hell, so who's going to be the true victor here?

Katie:
Wow. Well, I don't have much to add here. So I won't.

Post-bite thoughts

Ribbed for Nick's displeasure
Nick:
In the end, this foe is beneath my contempt; these are just less chewy, less substantial, worse tasting Starburst, not even worth slam dunking into the garbage with a savage ululation of triumph. Does "toffee" on the bag mean "cheap starburst" in Croatian? I declare victory over this candy.

Katie:
They're fine. As Nick said, they're like Starbursts. The strawberry is more pronounced and creamy...as if the synthetic strawberry was dipped in some whipped cream before being smushed into candy form. I had some tropical Starburst earlier in the day so I think I might be making an unfair comparison. Are these the best? No. But they are not the worst.  They are on the low side of meh. Not bad for our first Croatian treat, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment