10.09.2017

Little red sticks

Product: Churritos--spicy
Origin: Chicago

First looks

Nick:
What the hey are these things? I thought they were like spicy puffed rice, but they look like petrified bloodworms. Oh, says here they're "yellow corn masa", whatever that is. Katie and I are both big spice wimps, so I don't think we're going to like these very much.

Katie:
I took a big sniff and coughed from the spice coming off these things. Also, bloodworms? Grossss. I was thinking they looked like tiny twigs covered in red clay. Stop making this food gross before I even try it. You are being naughty! Bad boy! Bad!

Post-bite thoughts

Nick:
Heck to the no. A single one of these is too much spice for me. This just tastes like a little undercurrent of corn and the rest is just pure heat. Even if I wasn't a spice wimp, there's nothing to this but hot sauce burn. Awful!

Katie:
Usually when something is too spicy for my delicate lady mouth, I can taste what else the food has to offer. Maybe there's a savory taste underneath or whatever. This doesn't have that. There's nothing but the spice and I don't even get visions of possible futures for my troubles. The texture is terrible, as if these were already stale when I bought them. Hard pass for me. I guess if you like spicy, sort of stale corn sticks...this might be your new jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment