10.14.2017

Mango sandwich cracker...thing

Product: Sunflower Crackers Mango Cream Sandwich
Origin: Phillipines

First looks

Nick:
Mango Cream Sandwich? More like Man GOO cream sandwich! Ha ha ha ha ha ha (cough) ha ha (cough hack) ugh. Seriously, I'm not very excited about these; they smell strongly of fake mango candy flavor with a undercurrent of butter. Uh, I used up my big joke already, too. Katie, help.

Katie:
It looks like two saltines with some mango paste in the middle. This reminds me of a game we played at my friend's house when I was 11. We'd grab nearly everything out of the fridge, pile all the condiments and whatnot on a piece of bread, then dare each other to eat it. Only with this cracker sandwich, the only things the kids had were crackers and mango cream paste. I don't understand. Shouldn't mango be like...a sweet thing? Like it should be mango Twinkie knockoffs or something? That would actually be pretty good. Could even get the cute little vampire bites on the bottom like a real Twinkie.

Post-bite thoughts

Nick:
These.... taste great! The filling and the cracker are both nice, light and sweet; the filling is more citrus than mango to my mouth, but to my immense surprise it works really well with the cracker. Kind of like a sweet orangey crunchy cookie. Great job, the Philippines! Is it just Philippines, or the Philippines? I don't know, but they really did a good job with these. Katie, you gonna eat all of yours?

Katie:
Yum! Nick has it spot on. Who'd have thought crackers would go with mango? I guess the manufacturer did. I would very much look forward to getting these again in a future Munchpak. Pick these up if you ever see them!
Oh and in answer to Nick's question, I ate a piece then saved the last bit for him because he said he liked it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment