1.30.2018

When life gives you lemons, make popcorn

Product: Glazed Popcorn--Refreshing Lemonade
Origin: USA

First looks

Katie:
I like lemonade, but lemonade popcorn? I'm not sure I've ever had those two things at the same time in my life. I can't even imagine what these are going to taste like. Even if they taste like delicious lemonade, isn't the texture of the popcorn going to clash?
I don't have a good feeling about this.

Nick:
(Open on Munchpak HQ)
"Hey, boss!" the Munchpak employee hollered. "We got a problem here!"
"What is it?"
"Fucko didn't like our mixed nuts we sent him!"
"Oh, yeah?" the boss swiveled in her chair. "What was wrong with them?"
"Not interesting enough!"
"Is that so!" She flipped the glass case over a huge, red button open. "Well, I got something real interesting for him!"
"Boss, are you sure -" But too late, as her hand SLAMS down on the red button. Klaxons scream and red lights flash over the control room as far below a vault door hisses open, steam cascading out of the forbidden crypt where the lemonade popcorn is kept. Both employees cackle, their faces looming hellishly large in the flashing emergency lighting, as the lemonade popcorn is wrestled by mind-wiped nulls in hazmat suits into a cardboard munchpak.
I don't think I have a good feeling about this either.

Post-bite thoughts

Katie:
I'm torn. I think the lemonade flavor is actually pretty good but I don't care for the popcorn underneath. As I foresaw, the two just don't go together. Maybe it's that I'm not into non-hot popcorn. I think the lemonade flavoring would work better on a puffed rice/corn ball or as a whacky rice cake flavor. But what does our popcorn aficionado think?

Nick:
Absolutely fucking disgusting. This doesn't taste like lemonade; it tastes like sour lemon glaze slapped on top of stale popcorn. I'm offended both as a popcorn fan and as a basic human being with rights this snack does not recognize. If they're trying to get me to beg for more mixed nuts instead of this, well, I'll admit, I almost broke, but I'm stronger than this snack, which is saying something since it's pretty stale honestly. Bleck. Shame on you, Kathy Kaye. I can't believe she calls herself a popcorn fan on the back of the bag. Who knows what this poor popcorn might have been before Kathy Kaye got her mitts on it and turned it into this disaster? F-.

No comments:

Post a Comment