1.26.2018

Belgian Butters

Product: Almond things with ginger orange
Origin: Belgium

First looks

Katie:
All right, it's Belgium at the plate! Belgium has had a good OBP with us so here's hoping they hit it out of the park again this time (because baseball references don't sound weird in January, right?). You can see the little orange and ginger slices in the cracker, which could be good or bad. I'm not sure I smell much but--and this is breaking kayfabe--I tried something really spicy before this so my nose is yelling "NOPE" at the mo. I'm very optimistic about these even though ginger hardly has a good track record with us.

Nick:
If you literally stick your nose in the bag there's a vague smell of butter cookie. I'm a little worried about these; it seems kind of lazy just schwaking almond parts, orange peel and ginger slices into your cookies. Mash that stuff up, Belgium! I don't have high hopes for these. Prove me wrong.

Post-bite thoughts

Katie:
Delicious! They are heavily on the crunchy side but it's fine. Neither the ginger or orange taste dominates the cracker and it doesn't taste too nutty either. It's a good balance of sweet, nutty, ginger, and orange. If anything, there could be a skosh more orange in there but maybe that would throw off the balance. I'm mentally trying to guess if Nick liked them because he hasn't said anything. What do you think, class? Will Nick like it these?

Nick:
Ahhhh... it's all right. Sure enough it's a orange and ginger flavored butter cookie. I could do without the ginger, which doesn't really add anything; the taste is fine, I'm just not real big butter cookie fan. I guess the only real complaint I have is the texture, which as Katie noted is very hard. The little almond chunks inside are even tougher than the cookie, and running across one is a bit of an unwelcome surprise. Get out of here, almonds. You're not wanted here! Otherwise, they're just all right. Ol' doesn't really like butter cookies boy, they call me.

PS from Katie: Nobody calls you that.

No comments:

Post a Comment