1.04.2018

Coconut puffs

Product: Coconut Crunch
Origin: Oregon

First looks

Nick:
Ohhh, no. Heck no. I'm not eating this. Guess what flavor I despise even more than peaches? Coconut. Real coconut, fake coconut, coconut juice, whatever you got, keep that load of old wank away from me. I think this is only the second item I'm refusing to try. Katie, this is all you. I don't envy you trying this crap. At least it can't be as bad as that salmon jerky, right?

Katie:
Poor Nick. He'll never be able to survive when we wind up on Gilligan's Island now. The puffs are curled up or in odd chunky shapes. They smell sweet and definitely like coconut. I'm not majorly into coconut but it's in the one Whitman's Sampler sample I like so I'm not enemies with it at least. I'm hoping these will be delicious like the caramel Pirate's Booty they used to sell (they might still sell it but not anywhere around here that I've seen).

Post-bite thoughts

Nick:
You know, I always wondered if Whitman makes boxes that are just like one kind of candy from the sampler. There's some chocolates in there I really love and I'd happily have a whole box of (Maple cream, fam!!!!) but they only actually make the sampler, right? Anybody from Whitman's reading this? Hook up your boy ol' little maple kid!
As for this crap, coconut, more like cocobutt, am I right? Anybody? Also, these look like dead shrimp. F-

Katie:
Oh my god, ew. I hate shrimp. I was thinking that too but I didn't want to psych myself out of eating them. They're acceptable but I don't really want more. The coconut flavor is nice and sweet but it's just not for me. The texture is a little too soft to really be satisfying but not so soft that it would be entirely off-putting. Pick these up if you like coconut?

No comments:

Post a Comment