1.14.2018

Battle of the German Hazelnut wafers

Product: Knoppers Milk Hazelnut Wafer
Origin: Germany

First looks

Katie:
Brenda got these for us and I'm curious to see how they stack up against the other German hazelnut wafers we tried. The wafer is layered, looking like a s'more to me. The hazelnut scent is pretty strong but I hope it's not as rich as Nutella because that is hard for me to eat more than a morsel of. I know people love it and I'm not saying it's bad, it's just intense.
Feeling optimistic about this.

Nick:
Wow, Katie's not kidding about the intense hazelnut scent. I guess I'm not sure what else I was expecting. The other wafers were more like a sandwich and this seems more like a big, very expensive wafer cookie. I'm sure it will be delicious either way.

Post-bite thoughts

Katie:
Not bad! I think there's one more layer of hazelnut than I'd prefer but I could see a hazelnut fan really loving this. The milk helps tone down the hazelnut flavoring and balance it out. I think the other hazelnut wafers were better but these are good too. Thanks, Brenda!

Nick:
These are great! I guess I have a higher hazelnut tolerance than Katie because I really enjoyed this. I agree that the milk makes this a little less hazelnut-intense than the other product, but if you don't like hazelnut you'll want to stay far away from these as it's pretty powerful. I would definitely get more of these. Thanks Brenda! If anyone else wants to get their name in our blog, bring us delicious German hazelnut chocolate products!

PS from Katie: Or, you know, delicious homemade spaghetti sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment