1.18.2018

Jelly Tots

Product: Jelly Tots
Origin: England

First looks

Nick:
So, not jelly BABIES, no, these are Jelly Tots, you see. Actually, on the bag they look more like some kind of weird fungus. Jelly fungus. I'm thinking these are going to be standard, sugar-coated, "fruit" flavored gummies, but there's something just a little weird about these; maybe it's the half a ton of sugar that came pouring out of the bag when I opened it, or the way the bag baldly states "The rhyme never said Humpty Dumpty was an egg", which, I guess, they're not wrong? Huh.

Katie:
I think Nick had Jelly Babies before so I'm curious to see how they'll measure up. Just wondering though, shouldn't Jelly Babies be the small ones and Jelly Tots be the ones that look like kids? Cause babies are, you know, infants...and these look like fungal seed pods so...you know what, I'm going to stop me there.

Post-bite thoughts

Nick:
Eeeeeeeeenhhhhhhhhhh. Kinda like Skittles, but not as good. About the only nice thing I can say is that the green is lime instead of disgusting green apple; otherwise, they're like slightly chewy Skittles. I don't really care for the purple flavor; if it's grape it's no kind of grape, real or fake, I've ever tasted. Probably something goofy like PASSIONBERRY. It's not too good. I think I might just eat the yellow and green ones and toss the rest in the trash. I mean, the bin. (that's how British people say the trash)

Katie:
They sound pretty naff to me, something only a numpty would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment