3.22.2018

Rose DeWitt Bu-water

Product: Fentiman's Rose Lemonade
Origin: UK, Canada, or the US depending on where you look on the bottle

First looks

Nick:
I'm just a little concerned about this stuff; it yells BOTANICALLY BREWED and I don't know what that means and I don't like rose-flavored stuff (see the Turkish Delight) and it smells kinda medicinal. The first two ingredients are water and cane sugar, so I'm just hoping for either nice pink sugar water or a nice sweet lemonade.

Katie:
I like the pink color.  The smell is just sort of floral to my somewhat allergy-enraged nose. This drink proudly contains 16% fruit juice, which is 16% more fruit juice than seemingly most of the things labelled as fruit juice or fruit drinks in America. Nick made a weird noise when he drank his, which he swears is because he's cold but the situation now feels ominous. If I die, pretend I said something cool and profound.

Post-sip thoughts

Nick:
Well, in retrospect this is exactly what it says on the bottle - the label promises "Ginger and pure rose extracts", and the main taste is ginger with a rose undertaste. Unfortunately, ginger and rose flavored lemonade isn't very good. Just too ginger-y for me. No thank you. I managed a few sips and I'm done, fam.

Katie:
What. the. french. toast. Completely gross. I couldn't make it past one sip, my dudes. Fermented anything seems to be just not for me. Blech. I had been really looking forward to trying this too. Very disappointed, dog who made this abominable concoction.

2 comments:

  1. Wait, turkish delight is supposed to be rose-flavored? Is that why it tastes so bad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the kind we got was rose-flavored but even if it had been bacon or maple, the texture was still nasty!

      Delete