3.20.2018

Nick's enemy--Pineapple--returns

Product: Pineapple jam biscuits
Origin: Malaysia

First looks

Katie:
I think this might be our first food from Malaysia so I'm looking forward to trying it on that count. Very fruity smelling round crackers with pineapple goo inside. I'm very unsure of how this will taste. Hopefully delicious!

Nick:
Oh, man. Smells like these are still outgassing. I don't know where Katie is getting fruit from; smells like 100% plastic to me. Like I got a cheap screwdriver where I opened the package and it smelled like super strong cheap plastic, and this is like that except I'm expected to eat it? I'm going to bravely try the world's tiniest bite of this. Pray for the hams.

Post-bite thoughts

Katie:
I mostly just tasted the buttery cracker part.  The jam was a little chewier than I expected but once I got past that, this was fine. I don't really get much pineapple from this but that's probably a good thing considering I've never seen pineapple and crackers combined before. This is unique enough that I'm going to recommend trying it if you ever seen it. This is the type of thing I was hoping we'd get with Munchpak, something truly unique that you can't really find here. While I really liked the ketchup chips a few entries back, ketchup chips aren't that unheard of. Trying something like pineapple jam biscuits is the kind of taste adventure I was hoping for when we signed up for the Munchpak boxes.  Even if something isn't great or we didn't like it, it's neat to try something so far removed from our sheltered American food experience.

Nick:
This is the type of thing you were hoping for?! This smells, looks and tastes like a blob of glue between two admittedly nice buttery crackers. I mean, I want to try new stuff too, but I was thinking more the last entry's mystery tube and not industrial solvent pressed between two biscuits. Did you pick this because I ate too much mystery tube? Is this my punishment??

PS from Katie:
Yes.
Also where's your sense of whimsy and adventure? We had a mystery tube and pineapple biscuits!

No comments:

Post a Comment