3.14.2018

Lobster tested, krewe approved

Product: Zapp's New Orleans Kettle Style Sour Cream and Creole Onion potato chips
Origin: Hanover, Pennsylvania--the New Orleans of the Northeast!

First looks

Nick:
Listen, punk, these aren't just sour cream and onion potato chips; these are Creole onion potato chips, whatever that means! I'm actually glad these are made in PA, because all I know about New Orleans is what I saw in Princess and the Frog and NCIS: New Orleans, which just had a bunch of vaguely handsome guys with ridiculous accents yelling at sassy black women, and there wasn't even a single creole onion there. Anyway, these smell like vaguely farty salt, so we'll see.

Katie:
I think someone is forgetting we stayed at Port Orleans: French Quarter 3 times! We are experts! For example, I can tell you that gators play all the instruments at Mardi Gras and if there isn't a street called "Rue D'Baga" in New Orleans for real, I'm going to be very disappointed in Walt Disney World's lack of realism in its hotel street naming.
Also these chips don't smell that great as Nick mentioned.

Post-bite thoughts

Nick:
Not bad! I guess I don't taste any difference between Creole onions and regular ones, because these just taste like nice, regular sour cream and onion chips. Oh, also, remember Gambit? He's always be like "Gambit see no future in (pause) the CARDS for you, mon ami" because he threw like exploding cards, and he always had to end his sentence with "mon ami" and also he had this really weird headgear that framed his face like he was wearing a jockstrap. Anyway, these are fine. I almost wish they had a little bit more of a bite, like a little bit of a vinegar flavor. Nick doesn't see himself buying more of this particular flavor in (pause) the CARDS, mon ami. Also, I can't throw cards because of the shape, they just like fall right down. He should've thrown darts, or maybe even dice? Those actually kind of go where you throw them. Seriously, try throwing a playing card. That doesn't work!!!

Katie:
Uh, actually...he's not throwing exploding cards, sir, he's activating the potential kinetic energy IN the cards. I think. I believe he can do it with anything so I don't really know why he picked cards. Easy to conceal? If he gets stopped by the TSA, he can just be like "I like to play THE CARDS" whereas if he has darts, he can't get on a plane (and don't say they can just take their X-men jet--which had a name but all I can think is the quinjet from the Avengers--because you can't just fly that into Orlando Airport so you can go the Disney and Universal). Gambit, Jubilee, and Wolverine were my favorites in the cartoons. I always felt like Jubilee's powers were supposed to be cooler and more effective but the network couldn't have a young teenage girl throwing pyrotechnics at people's faces.
I've been reminded to talk about the snack. It was good--no better or worse than any other sour cream and onion chip I've had. The chip itself was crunchy, no greasy pieces at all. A good grab if you're looking for sour cream and onion chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment