3.16.2018

A grey animal dressed as a samurai rides a cow into a bar...

Product: Literally no idea
Origin: Japan

First looks

Nick:
Uh.... okay. I'm not often totally stumped, but I really don't know what to make of this. It's a large, uh, crispy-looking tube that smells like sour cream and onion potato chip flavoring. Is this like a huge tube-shaped potato chip? I'm so lost right now. The smell is actually pretty pleasant, so if the texture is nice this should be good.

Katie:
Usually, there's a sticker on the package that translates at least some of what the package is. It might say "sugar candy snack" or "cream sandwich", but there's usually something there to clue us in. This has nothing except a grey animal dressed like a samurai riding a cow, wielding a sword made out of the snack. The smell was a little weird to me, I hope this isn't secretly seafood.  If anyone can translate this, please let us know what we're about to eat.

Post-bite thoughts

Nick:
Um... I actually like this quite a bit. Despite smelling like sour cream and onion or maybe ranch, it actually tastes like spicy ketchup or maybe BBQ sauce. Is it supposed to be meat flavored? Is the cat wearing the samurai armor eating the cow? I don't know. It's pretty good, although I think it might be just a little weird to get more of. I'm just happy it tasted good and not like seafood like Katie was worried about. Phew!

Katie:
I liked it but it had this really weird taste to it. I don't know what it was but it was like nothing I've ever tasted. Maybe this is like seaweed or something? I mean it's not green but there was something really odd to the flavoring.
I figured Nick must have liked it too because he at 80% of it before I got any!!!!!! He was kissing it and yelling "Mystery tube, you are my wife now!" but then I ate the rest. Hahahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment