2.10.2018

Pokemon...gum?

Product: "Chewing candy"
Origin: Japan

First looks

Katie:
While I don't like gum, I like how cute the packaging is. We have the new hat Pikachu has been sporting on the front and each piece of gum is wrapped in Pokemon-themed paper. The piece Nick picked has what looks like a Pokedex entry for Meowth on it. I think I've only caught one of those in Pokemon Go and zero in any of the regular games.

Nick:
OH BOY. My nemesis, soda gum. I'm sure I've said this before, but probably the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten is Royal Crown Cola gum, which shot cola-flavored juice out with each chew, possibly directly from the Devil's laughing butthole (the devil was laughing, I mean, not his butthole, although maybe that was laughing too, who knows). I'm sure this won't be that bad, but I'm very worried about soda flavored gum, even with cute packaging. #prayforthehams (except Katie who wimped out which is probably a smart move). Oh man, I really don't want to try this. Here goes.

Post-bite thoughts

Katie:
At the time of this writing, it was single-digit temperatures and extremely windy.  When I fired up Pokemon Go (my work is a Pokestop now!), I was warned about seven times that there was EXTREME WEATHER and that I should be safe...Oh fudge. I thought I was going to go somewhere with this but obviously not. Stay in school, kids. Mazes and Monsters is a far out game.

Nick:
Well, not as bad as I feared. I keep forgetting that Japanese "cola" flavor seems to have a rather strong lemony taste, and this tastes more like lemon than cola; not too bad, but not a flavor I really enjoy. The weirdest thing is actually the texture - the stick starts out very thick and tough to chew, but after a few chews it shrivels up and you end up swallowing it. You can't really chew it as long as you'd like with bubble gum, so I guess it really is more like a "chewing candy" except it's gone in a few chews which isn't too bad because the taste is just okay. Phew! We made it, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment