2.18.2018

Food tubes

Product: Wafer Rolls--Vanilla flavored
Origin: India

First looks

Nick:
I'm not really a fan of this kind of snack; I usually find the outer flavorless tube part too thick, and as a result this type of thing usually just tastes like a not very flavorful cookie to me. These do smell nice and vanilla-y, and the outside doesn't seem toooooo bad, so we'll see, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Katie:
It smells like cake frosting! I'm hoping this will be good. I used to get those Pepperidge Farm stick things but they'd usually go stale before I ate even half of them. The container made for good storage though.

Post-bite thoughts

Nick:
You know, now that Katie mentioned it, these do taste more like cake frosting than vanilla. I'm happy to say my expectations have been exceeded! The tube isn't too thick, the center is sweet without being overpowering, and these are definitely better than those old Pepperidge Farm stick things Katie's talking about (no need to remember me saying that one, Pepperidge Farm). A very pleasant surprise!

Katie:
I guess the secret way to please us is to taste like cake frosting or ketchup. I really liked these. Cake frosting can get overwhelming real quick, but these were perfectly balanced. Sweet enough to be a dessert, vanilla enough to give it taste, and just crunchy enough to satisfy. Grab these if you ever see them anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment