2.24.2018

Milka and Oreo

Product: Milka & Oreo
Origin: Poland

First looks

Nick:
So this is like chocolate with Oreo goop inside? All right, this looks pretty good. As long as they didn't make it sugar free or gluten free or GMO free or gum free or whatever other way we've had promising snacks ruined before, I think this is going to be quite nice. I mean, chocolate normally doesn't have gluten anyway, right? This is like when I'm shopping for candy and the product that's 100% sugar yells FAT FREE on the package. I'm going to pass the keyboard to Katie so I can stuff this in my mouth now.

Katie:
This seems very promising. The Oreo inside (btw I keep typing Oreo as "Orea" wtf is an orea???) is not goopy, which is the ultimate crime when it comes to chocolate...even more so than flipping quinoa being in there. Anyway.  The chocolate smells exactly like regular milk chocolate, nothing more or less. It's broken up into handy squares, as you'll see in the photo below. I'm hoping this is good, melty chocolate with Oreo cream filling bonus taste. We shall soon see!

Post-bite thoughts

Nick:
Ah, yes sir, yes sir indeed sir, indeed sir yes sir, this is really good. Like Katie I don't enjoy it much when chocolate has "goop" inside - substantially softer filling - and the texture of this filling is great; very slightly softer than the outside chocolate, but not so much it's distracting; instead it kind of melts in your mouth with a very nice light milky flavor. Even better than I anticipated! I'm sure that liking Oreo-flavored chocolate bars like this so much doesn't make my taste seem terribly sophisticated, but I don't care; this is delicious. I would definitely get more of this. My only caution is that it's very super sweet - you'll want to have some water handy to wash even a small amount down with, I think. A+!

Katie:
Oh my gosh, an explosion of sweetness. I definitely liked this but a little bit goes a huge distance. Pick this up if you see it but be prepared to work on this Charlie Bucket-style (i.e. very slowly because you're a poor little English boy in a Roald Dahl story). A great mash-up of tastes from our friends in Poland!

No comments:

Post a Comment