4.06.2018

Surprisingly these turned out not to be gummy

Product: Mammos RASPBERRY CANDY
Origin: Korea

First looks

Katie:
I have nothing! There's no smell really and they look like a normal hard candy. Um. I wasn't going to try them because we thought they'd be gummy then it turned out they weren't and here we are. Nick, take it away!

Nick:
Oh boy. Uh, like Katie said, there's not really much to get from looking at or smelling these; they don't smell like anything and they look like little raspberry circles. I do like how the bag says "Friend" with a picture of raspberries in the upper right hand corner. These raspberries are my friends. Very relaxing. I'm also going to pretend that the raspberries are happy being turned into this candy, otherwise it's kind of depressing.

Post-bite thoughts

Katie:
"Nick, come to my house.
We'll do Nintendos."
Raspberries are your friends. Look, here's one now. She's calling you on her grape phone to come hang out and totally not eat her.

Okay, okay. I thought I was going to really dislike these but I'm quite enjoying it! The raspberry (why don't we say 'rasp-berry'? Everyone I know says 'Razz-berry'. Comment on which one you say because I'm curious) taste is very pleasant. Some hard candy is too sour or too sweet...too much of whatever the flavor is but this is in that sweet middle spot. Grab these if you see them!

Nick:
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be rasp-berry (I remember reading in my
book about Jamaica how one white settler guy was like 'I would love a rasp-berry ice', and I was like, tough shit, because he owned a bunch of slaves so I didn't feel bad for him) but over time the P sound has kind of gone away and now I pronounce it without it, like ra's-berry. Anyway, I'm glad you brought that up because I really don't have much to say about this; it tastes nice, it's not too sweet and not too bitter, and I'm sure we'll work our way through this bag in a few months (each one is individually wrapped, which I like since it helps keep them good longer and they don't just fuse into one un-eatable megacandy gestalt in the bag when it gets hot in the summer). Nice job, Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment