4.12.2018

Don't zaze me, bro

Product: Zazers chocolate flavored wafer
Origin: Israel

First looks

Nick:
Wow, guys - really spared no expense coming up with a product name here. "Chocolate Flavored Wafer". Astounding. Looks like, uh, a wafer cookie with chocolate in the middle. Hopefully they spent that marketing budget that was supposted to go to coming up with an exciting name on stuffing nice chocolate in here. It certainly smells nice, so I've got high hopes here.

Katie:
The chocolate is looking a little thick for my taste but I'll keep an open mind. As Nick mentioned, it definitely smells nice...a good vanilla cupcake candle scent.

Post-bite thoughts

Nick:
Um.... hmmm. I don't really seem to taste any chocolate. I mean, I can see the chocolate, I can smell the chocolate, but when I take a bite... I'm not getting the chocolate. Where's the chocolate flavor?! This is just wafer! Is this some kind of magic trick? Has my mind been freaked?!? I don't get it. Just tastes like wafer, fam. I guess the chocolate has a very, very, very very subtle taste. Maybe I'm used to eating American chocolate snacks where the chocolate is the star. I'm very confused right now. Katie, did you taste the chocolate? Am I missing something?

Katie:
There was definitely a taste other than wafer. It was like milk chocolate with a heavy emphasis on the milk part and nearly zero on the chocolate. Nick mentioned this could be American chocolate's difference to the recipe used in other places and I think I agree. Perhaps we're both simply just used to the way chocolate tastes here.
The Zazers wasn't bad...it was okay. Bland on taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment