4.04.2018

DELICIOUS FOOD

Product: Pumpkin roll
Origin: Taiwan

First looks

Nick:
The only English on the package is "PUMPKIN ROLL" and "DELICIOUS FOOD", so I'm expecting a pumpkin roll that's a delicious food. Quick quesiton: Why does a pumpkin roll have pictures of peas, beans, nuts, and a watermelon on the sleeve? I don't know about this, fam. Smells like... old nuts and coffee? I'm having a hard time identifying the smells here. Katie, what do you make of this delicious food?

Katie:
Yeah, it totally smells like coffee. Maybe it's just that PSLs are huge here and we associate this type of pumpkin with coffee but that's all I'm getting from it. I'm hoping this will be good and thanks to our good friend for confirming the origin of this product for us! Very curious about how this mysterious tube of pumpkin coffee (potential) goodness will taste. Nick, you've been to the other side, how was it?

Post-bite thought

Dr. Greg makes a return guest appearance
he's sulking because he can't have any
Nick:
A little weird. The outside is harder than the filling, which is a kind of pumpkin butter. You know, I'm not sure I really get much flavor from this, honestly. There's a kind of vaguely pumpkiny nutty taste that's not bad, but that's about all. I ate my whole half, but I think this is just a little bit boring to get again, solving the mystery of what this is was more entertaining than eating the actual snack. It's fine. Fine, it's fine.

Katie:
I wasn't a huge fan of the outside when I first took a timid nibble. It reminded me of those horrendously bland health cereals parents always try to get kids to eat because they're "good for you". For my next bite, I took a huge nom and the outer shell really mixed with the pumpkiny inside. Second bite was much better. I think this would be a great little desk nom for when you're really hungry but your lunch break is an awkward amount of time away. You know the kind...where it's close enough that you don't want to ruin your appetite but far enough away that you can't quite wait that long without having something or you're just not going to get any work done then you'll be sitting at your desk staring dumbly at your email when someone important comes to ask you a question and you turn around all bleary and dorped from being too hungry to work so you have to make them repeat their question because you weren't brained-on enough to catch it the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment