4.10.2018

Oh, Chews.

Product: Sour Fruit Ooh! Chews
Origin: Brazil

First looks

Katie:

I'm skeptical of the gummy-potentiality of this so even though I'm going first here...Nick is going to safety test it for me.  He gave me his two least liked flavors--strawberry and green apple. Yay. I hope these are Brazil's answer to Starburst and not more gross gum.

Nick:
Wow, what a name. Ooh! Chews. Two of the flavors look good (Cherry and Blue Raspberry), and two look nasty (Strawberry and Green Apple). Hopefully these will help me whip, help me nae nae, because every time I ask Katie to watch me whip, watch me nae nae she just goes "Okay" and then I don't know how to whip, how to nae nae and end up looking foolish. I wonder if that caffeine from the Wake the Hell Up! coffee kicked in yet.

Post-bite thoughts

Katie:
Oh boy, I see Nick not only hands out green apple flavor but also dank memes. Is it peanut butter jelly time too? (Actually, he's cooler than me and usually knows what the cool ones are first. I don't find out until dabbing was like, so six months ago). 

The candy is very hard at first but softens after a bit. It's not as sweet as Starburst but still good. It reminds me of when Whole Foods tries to make candy except they can't use sugar so they use something stupid like liquid coconut farts and it just winds up tasting like something you get from your one weird friend's house where they only eat organic wheat germ and don't let you put real syrup on pancakes (the pancakes are made out of wheat as if that's going to taste good)...where am I even going with this? They taste a little odd maybe, is what I think I was trying to say.

Nick:
I'm kinda split on these; like Katie said they're extremely hard to start, which is a little bit of a surprise but not too bad. The taste of the cherry ones is really good, fake, sweet "cherry" and I enjoyed it quite a bit. The blue raspberry... not sweet enough, my dudes. A real blue raspberry has to be super sweet and taste like no creation God could have ever imagined; this is a bit bitter for me. Of course I got 5 blue raspberries and only two cherries. Not terrible, but I don't think I'd get it again; maybe if they had a bag of just cherry.

1 comment: