4.28.2018

Potato sticks but like...from somewhere else

Product: Chillz potato sticks
Origin: Pakistan

First looks

Nick:
Well, I like potato sticks, so I'm hoping these will be good. I'm a little curious if these are going to be spicy or what; the ingredients suggest they are, but if there's any spice in the smell, it's quite subtle. The only way these could be bad is if they're too spicy, and I don't think that's too likely; I put my nose right on them and took a sniff and it just smells like mild curry, so I think these will be fine.

Katie:
I'm very hopeful for these potato sticks. The container is the perfect size for a snack so if I like these, maybe I'll get more for work. The smell is, like Nick said, a little bit of spice but nothing else. I'm looking for these to be potato sticks with a little spice to them and not an all-hands fire alarm in my mouth.

Post-bite thoughts

Nick:
Oh, god. They're too spicy. This is like eating a tomato that's on fire. Way too much for me by themselves. This might be nice if you had Smartfood or a nice smoky cheese to cut the spice with, but just eating them right out of the bag, I'm done after three little pinches. Ow.

Katie:
Now this is weird, normally Nick can handle more spice than me. I have a half dozen pinches before my mouth went aflame. If you are used to spice, these would be right up your alley.  If your tolerance is somewhere between baby and "maybe just one jalapeno", you might want to eat these slowly with some cheese or your spice-reduction food of choice.

Maybe some day, we'll have the spicy tolerance to handle these but it's not today. Still good though!

No comments:

Post a Comment